1. Write a letter. Handwritten. Sure it says you may not love the earth for the tree killed for that sheet of paper—but handwritten letters are the most wonderful thing to receive in the mail---ever.
2. Carve a heart into a tree and then have a picnic next to it.
3. Send a squillo—In Florence that means to dial someone’s phone and hang up after a ring or too. It really means “I am thinking of you”
4. Create a scavenger hunt with puzzle pieces…each puzzle piece the person finds along the way can be used at the end to create a personally made puzzle.
5. Make a mix-tape of all the songs that make you think of the person and give it to them…(Side note on this one—remember just because you think of the person when you hear these songs, doesn’t mean they think of you… haha just kidding J )
6. Send a shoutout over the radio by dedicating a song to the person…D-E-L-I-L-A-H
7. Send a messenger by horse—like the middle ages-- with a very important message to the doorstep of the person. It could be as simple as a sheet of paper that says “I Love You”
8. Have warm blankets and the fireplace heated up before she even arrives so that she doesn’t have to shiver an ounce
9. Shape whatever you cook for dinner in a heart shape
10. Send flowers on a day that isn’t a holiday.
11. Recreate the first night you met (if it was a good night)
12. Play card game of war but rig the game so that one of the heart cards that the person puts down says “I love you.”
13. For Valentine’s Day (If you believe in that sort of thing) Put all the hearts from several deck of cards as a path from the front door to a the rest of the cards placed strategically to say “Thinking of you,” “I Love you,” “Or Be Mine”
14. Leave a post-it note on the Mirror in the morning for your significant other that tells them how beautiful they look
15. No matter how corny it gets, or sounds, pull “A Walk to Remember” and buy your significant other a star…then go gaze at it.
16. When they wake up the morning after a long day at work, have breakfast waiting for them—eggs in a shape of a heart… maybe?
17. Save all the receipts/movie tickets/things from events you do together and create a collage of them that spell out “Love”
18. Take photos of words on billboards that make you think of the person and collage them together.
19. If they receive a newspaper every morning, write a note in chalk underneath there where they pick up the paper on the ground that says love you. (Make sure you sign it—or your girly girl might think the paper boy has a thing for her).
20. Take pictures of the most stunning things in the world---most beautiful things—or cut them out of magazines---and put them into a book. On the first page write: These are the most beautiful things in the world. And On the last page, write: But none of them compares to you.
21. Hold their hand and simply say.: I . Love . You